Fee Schedule: $10.00 per month per child, or $100.00 per year. Thorncliffe at this time can only accept cash or cheques. Please make cheques out to Thorncliffe School.
Drop In Fee per day: 50 cents
Thorncliffe Elementary School Lunch Supervision Expectations
1. Students will eat quietly and respect the space of others.
2. Students will request permission to leave the room and notify supervisors when they return.
3. Students will bring a note to the lunchroom supervisors when they are not coming to the lunchroom or when they have permission to go elsewhere at lunch. (Please note: Students are not allowed to leave the school grounds to go to the store or other areas at anytime.) The front of the school is out of bounds to the students as a play area.
4. Students will finish their lunch prior to going outside.
5. Student will be responsible for cleaning up their area upon finishing their lunch.
6. Students will be expected to dress appropriately and go directly outside (weather permitting) at 12:00 p.m. and remaining outdoors until the 12:25 p.m. bell. When students are outside they are to follow regular playground expectations for behavior. Students may enter the school with permission from supervisor or in the event of an emergency. If the weather is inclement students will be supervised indoors.
Should a student choose to misbehave in the lunch program, the following will occur:
1. The student will be requested to behave appropriately.
2. The student may be requested to move/eat by himself or take a time our within the lunch program to regain self-control.
3. The student will be removed from the lunch program for the day. Parents will be informed.
4. Should a student be removed from the lunch program twice within one week, the student may lose lunchroom privileges for a determined period of time. Parents will be notified.
5. Severe or chronic disruptive behaviors will result in termination of lunch program privileges.
6. Students will be given an opportunity to explain their behavior and the context within which it occurred. This, along with any additional mitigating circumstances, will be taken into consideration prior to any disciplinary action.
NOTE: If supervision fees are not paid by the end of the first week of the month, Students shall be removed from this lunch program as per Edmonton Public Schools Board Policy regulations.
Parents then become immediately responsible for their child’s lunch supervision.